How to Edit a file using the cPanel file manager?
Editing a pre-existing file through File Manager allows you to make immediate changes to your web site, without having to upload a new version of the file. This is useful for small changes, but would be inefficient for large alterations.
- Navigate to the folder where the file is located.
- Click on the name of the file.
- Click on the Edit File link in the top-right corner of your window. This will open a new window with the contents of the file displayed.
- Alter the text of the file as you wish.
- Click on the Save button when you have finished altering the file. The file has been saved and any changes will take effect from now on.
Note: Clicking on the Show File link will display the contents of the file. However, you will not be able to make any changes to the file.
All files on UNIX (including Linux and other UNIX variants) machines have access permissions. These tell the operating system how to deal with requests to access these files. There are three types...
Folders are a very useful way of adding organization and structure to your web site. They make maintenance of the site much easier, as you can easily see what files are in which folder. Most web...
Click on the Trash button in the Trash area. All of the files in the Trash have now been permanently deleted. Warning: Make sure you do not need any of the files or folders in the Trash before you...
Click on the File Manager button on the Cpanel home page. Open a folder by clicking on the folder icon. Go up a level by clicking on the Up one level link. Use the path links at the top of the...
You should upload the files that form your website content into the WWW folder or the public_html folder. Those are the folders where you should put your website files and content in.